Equal Voice Action (EVA) is a national family-led membership organization focused on eliminating social and economic inequality for families in the United States, in particular for poor and low-income families, who too often do not have a voice in policymaking.
With the goal of eliminating inequality, EVA nurtures and supports activism within and among families to improve the public and private systems that affect their lives.Here on the EVA website, families – and other like-minded individuals, organizations and businesses – can come together to organize around issues that affect families’ daily lives and the future of their children.
By joining your voice with those of other members, you can influence public policy – at the national or state levels – or organize locally, to get a stop sign in your neighborhood or improve your local school.
To engage, connect and build power among poor and low-income families to influence policies that improve the economic and social well-being of all families.
We believe families are the experts on the issues that affect their daily lives and are, therefore, the best solution providers. We believe that families, united, will change the policies that perpetuate poverty.
A society where families are valued, their voice respected and reflected in public policy that ensures equal access to food, jobs, housing, health care and education for all families.
We are every family across America that cares about good paying jobs, safe housing and neighborhoods, healthy food, quality education, health care and respect for every child’s potential.
Our issue areas include:
- Immigration reform
- Health care reform
- Employment/job training/living wage
- Child care
- Food security
- Environmental issues
- LGBT rights
- Elder care
- Youth engagement
Members of Equal Voice Action work to have a voice in the laws passed and implemented by local, state and national governments that directly affect members’ daily lives.
Our issue areas include:
- Bring the voices of poor and low-income families to the forefront.
- Advocate and advance a national family platform determined by our members.
- Support policies and issues that benefit families.
- Hold politicians and policymakers accountable.
- Act as a resource for members.
Because your voice matters! Because you are tired of politicians and pundits speaking about you and for you without direct experience of your life or situation. Because you believe that no one should live in poverty and that everyone deserves an equal voice in the decisions that affect their lives and, most importantly, because you believe that together America’s families can influence policy, change attitudes about poverty and shape a national family agenda that ensures a better future for all families.
Join Equal Voice Action and connect with others in your community, state and country who want a better tomorrow for their families today.
For 2015, all our activities will be nonpartisan. That is, we will not favor or disfavor any political party or candidate seeking election to public office. If we find critical opportunities to influence specific legislative proposals affecting poor and low-income families, we will do so only with resources from individuals, and from organizations that legally can and do make their assets available for such lobbying.
For 2015, all of our activities will be nonpartisan. That is, we will not favor or disfavor any political party or candidate seeking election to public office. If we find critical opportunities to influence specific legislative proposals affecting poor and low-income families, we will do so only with resources from individuals, and from organizations that legally can and do make their assets available for such lobbying.
- ELEVATING THE VOICES OF POOR PEOPLE.
- DIGNITY AND RESPECT FOR ALL FAMILIES.
- WORKING TOGETHER THROUGH COLLECTIVE ACTION TO MAKE CHANGE.
- HONORING DIVERSITY AND CONFRONTING RACISM AND DISCRIMINATION.
- PROMOTING A SOCIETY IN WHICH EVERYONE IS TREATED FAIRLY AND EQUITABLY.
- ENSURING A POLITICAL PROCESS THAT IS ACCESSIBLE AND ACCOUNTABLE TO ALL MEMBERS OF SOCIETY.
Equal Voice Action (EVA) members determine the organization’s priority issues and then, working together, advocate on those issues with the public and policymakers.
In addition to joining a community of shared values, EVA provides benefits and advocacy tools to its members. Members receive:
- VOTING RIGHTS ON A PLATFORM OF SOCIAL ISSUES THAT EVA WILL ADVOCATE.
- VOTING RIGHTS TO ELECT MEMBER TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
- ACCESS TO THE EVA WEBSITE AND THE RIGHT TO POST COMMERCIAL ADS ON THE SITE ABOUT JOB OPPORTUNITIES, HOUSING, EVENTS AND OTHER ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST.
- ACCESS TO THE EVA ONLINE COMMUNITY FORUMS.
- SPECIAL INVITATIONS TO MEMBERS-ONLY EVA EVENTS.
We don’t define family – you do. Family is who you love; be it few or many, young or old or anyone in between, two-legged or four-legged.