Welcome to Equal Voice Action. This website (this “Site”) is an interactive site and community for members of Equal Voice Action, supporters, affiliated parties, and other users (collectively, “users,” “you,” or “your”), and is owned and operated by Equal Voice Action (“EVA,” “we,” “us,” or “our”).
By registering on or accessing the Site or any of its services or content, you agree that:
All Site users, whether joining or representing themselves as an individual or an organization, must agree not to engage in illegal activity, discrimination, intimidation or violence toward other members, or hate.
2. Your Rights and Obligations
This is an interactive site provided for the use of the public. The success of this Site depends on our users engaging actively, honestly, and respectfully. Never forget that you are talking to people who share your core beliefs. In other words, assume the best intentions of people on this Site.
As an interactive website, the majority of our content is generated and posted by users of the Site. Our mission is to provide a gathering place for community members and like-minded individuals. But ultimately, it is the responsibility of our users to make this a safe place.
Each user owns and is responsible for the content that he or she posts on our Site, including information that he or she publishes and makes available for other users.
It is solely your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of any information you submit to the Site, and to update that information as appropriate.
This Site shall be used for lawful purposes only; you agree that you will not:
- Pose or transmit any information you know to be false or misleading.
- Post or transmit any material that violates our rights or the rights of others including privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, contract rights, or any other right.
- Use the Site to impersonate any person, organization, business, or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person, organization, business, or entity.
- Use the Site in an unlawful, threatening, or abusive manner, including, but not limited to, promoting racism, bigotry, hatred, or harm of any kind against any group or individual; posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable information of any kind, including without limitation, any transmissions that would encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- Gather, collect, or store any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the Site.
- Post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Use the Site to sell or market any goods, services, or facilities for profit or to promote or disparage any private, business, or commercial activity , unless specifically invited by EVA in writing to do so.
- Post or transmit any material supporting or opposing any candidate for electoral public office, unless specifically invited by EVA in writing to do so.
3. License to EVA
4. Communication and Sharing
This Site includes various forums and interactive components where you can share your observations and comments on various topics. EVA cannot guarantee that other users will not use the ideas and information that you share. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or you do not want others to see, do not post it on the Site.
5. Registration and Passwords
6. Content Removal
You may request that EVA delete any information or content that you have provided. However, EVA has no control over your shared information. Therefore, EVA cannot delete any information you have shared with others that they have subsequently copied, stored, or shared in any form.
7. Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party links on the Site. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. EVA does not control these linked websites and makes no representation regarding the quality, nature or reliability of any other websites or any services or content they may offer. If you choose to engage with these websites, we have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of such linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
You acknowledge and agree that any third-party links are provided for your convenience and do not reflect any warranty of any kind, either express or implied. EVA is not responsible in any way (including, but not limited to, any loss or injury you suffer as a result of using the linked site) for any matter associated with linked sites including the content provided on or through any such linked site.
8. Website Linking Requirements
Unless we have a written agreement with you, you may not use the link to our Site in any way that suggests EVA has any relationship or affiliation with your website, or endorses, sponsors or recommends the information, products or services on your website. You may not without EVA’s prior written permission: (a) incorporate any content from our Site into your website (e.g., by in-lining or framing); (b) use any EVA name or tagline or other information identifying EVA’s Site in any “metatag” or other information used by search engines or other information location tools to identify and select websites. EVA will not tolerate links from any obscene, scandalous, profane, defamatory, unlawful website, or any website that may adversely affect EVA’s name, reputation, and/or goodwill. EVA reserves the right to cancel permission to link at any time and for any reason.
9. Copyrighted Materials and Claims of Copyright Infringement
This Site contains material which is derived in whole or in part from EVA and other sources. This Site and its contents are protected by international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way any material from this website, including code and software for any commercial purposes. You may only download material from this Site for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted on this Site infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices must include:
The name, address, and electronic signature of the complaining party. The infringing materials and their Internet location. Sufficient information to identify the copyrighted works. A statement by the owner that it has a good faith belief that there is no legal basis for the use of the materials complained of. A statement of the accuracy of the notice and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on the behalf of the owner.
Notices and counter-notices with respect to this Site should be sent to:
Equal Voice Action
Attn: Kathleen Baca
1425 4th Ave, #900
Seattle, WA 98101
Anyone making a false or fraudulent notice or counter-notice may be liable for damages under the DMCA, including costs and attorney’s fees.
10. Limitation of Liability
EVA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE OR ANY OF ITS FUNCTIONS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, INCLUDING BULLETIN BOARDS, OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE IT AVAILABLE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. EVA DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE OR IN THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT EVA) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY MAINTENANCE, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
12. No Agency